Corona Study Result

So here is the result of my corona testing – the candle scene:



The modelling was pretty simple – lofting with some polygon editing. I’ve spent more time creating unwraps for the candle holders than model them šŸ™‚ There is a little bit of hair&fur on the ropes for the single threads.

I used HDRI for the main lighting (I found some nice HDR maps here:Ā, very thankful to the author), and it worked really good in Corona. I like the reflections on the glass, it looks like the candle composition is a part of the room filled with the architectural elements and furniture, but actually there is nothing except the candles in the scene šŸ™‚

The materials are also simple, all settings are similar to V-Ray. Ā I created some mask maps for CoronaLayered Mtl (Blend Material). Actually I’ve done only the half of the candle holders, because we won’t see the other side on the render šŸ™‚ I also have made unwrap for the ropes using spline mapping.


In Post-Production I added the contrast where needed, color correction and some glow. Here is the raw and final rendering for comparison:





Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s